- a sewing "extravaganza" (a 6-hour block of time last Saturday) organized by the craftiest person on earth, Morgan Wilson
- complimentary grilled cheese, salad, and Diet Coke
- someone else to figure out that my manual knob wasn't working because I had the bobbin loader clicked on (yes, this wasted about 30 minutes in troubleshooting)
- a lesson in seam ripping :(
Here is the evidence of this heroic result.
|What I looked like...|
|...what I felt like|
Wow, this quilt is doing good things for me. Seriously though, I really needed a sense of accomplishment. It was a fun day.
Kappa Alpha Theta takes the lead with the most t-shirts represented: 10
Favorite shirts: Theta fish, Bethany Surf Shop, and Theta/Sigma Chi "Top Gun" shirt (mostly because it says "Take me to bed... or lose me forever" and I wore that in public, on a regular basis)
Weirdest shirt: "Juniaology: The Study of Junia" Apparently I am a complex person (thanks ST)
- Making the quilt sandwich. This means using hundreds of safety pins to affix the top to the batting and the backing fabric. I can't wait.
- Stitching in the ditch. This means sewing the whole thing together by sewing directly on top of the seams between each square. Again, can't wait.